Plan community associations communications in advance for a more enjoyable holiday
Holidays can be a stressful time of year for many people. There are work parties…shopping…family visits…it’s a lot to keep track of. Let’s face it, no one is taking time out of their busy holiday schedule to review associations rules and regulations. Give the homeowners in the HOAs you manage the gift of timely, helpful HOA information. Here is a checklist of holiday communications to schedule in advance that will educate residents and save you time.
- Holiday decoration violations land HOAs in the press each year—and not in a good way. Stop controversial violations before they start by proactively reiterating the association’s policy on holiday lights, flags and religious imagery.
- Holiday guests mean more cars in the neighborhood. Remind homeowners of the parking policies in their community before their guests arrive.
- Trash and recycling pick up days may change due to the holiday. Inform owners of these changes. Notify homeowners when bulk trash pickup will occur and when it is appropriate to set Christmas trees by the curb.
- Many HOAs have rules against short-term rentals. Remind owners in these associations that they cannot rent out their home while they are traveling for the holidays.
- Holidays and out-of-town owners increase the rate of home break-ins. Share valuable home security information to help keep the community safe.
- Tell homeowners when the management offices will be closed for the holidays. If this affects dues collections, let owners know the deadline for payment.
- Give homeowners after-hours emergency or maintenance contact information. Be sure this is easily accessible to prevent delays in service.
- Promote upcoming HOA-sponsored holiday events. Boost event attendance and community spirit by getting the word out early and often.
Reminding owners of HOA rules and notifying them of holiday closures demonstrates your value to the community. If you’re looking for a communications platform that can help schedule and distribute communications, give Nabr Network a call. We’d love to be part of your proactive communications strategy.
Happy holidays from everyone at Nabr Network!