Not all heroes wear capes. You can be a superhero in the associations you manage with just a little bit of effort and with help from technology.
- Be available. Heroes are always right where they need to be when they need to be there. Follow suit and make sure you’re in the right place at the right time. That can be as easy as making yourself available for calls and emails throughout the day.
- Be brave. You don’t have a supervillain to face, but you probably encounter bullies in the association. Be firm and stand your ground when dealing with difficult homeowners.
- Be responsive. Listen to what is going on in the community and respond accordingly. If owners are complaining of damage in a common area, let them know their concerns have been heard and are being addressed.
- Be strong. Community management is a demanding job. Stay strong and be confident in your ability to do it all.
- Ask for help. Look at The Avengers: the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. If you are in over your head, ask your management for backup. Lean on your assistant if you have one. There’s nothing wrong with asking for assistance. It’s better to get help than let things fall through the cracks.
- Use cool gadgets. Where would Batman be without his gadgets? Look for technology that will help you communicate with your associations easily on both mobile and desktop. Technology with a comprehensive management dashboard will keep you organized and efficient.
I hope this has you feeling empowered! You are a total superhero—now go save the day!